Verge year in review, looking forward and back. By: Luck Light

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucklight

Dec 11, 2017
Greetings,

I am Luck Light, Verge Telegram Community Manager and Growth Hacker on the Verge Core Marketing Team.
Thanks for this opportunity. I have been researching Verge for over one year now. Verge turned 3 last October.
Verge started out as a fork of Peercoin with the POS ripped out and POW with five algos added. Until the
rebranding of Feb. 2017 it was known as Dogecoin Dark.

Sunerok was a mining pool manager before starting Verge. He was looking at the code of these cryptos and
wanted to make something better - something that would fulfill Satoshi Nakamoto's dream of a daily use crypto
for everyone, backed by the Bitcoin store of value. He called it Dogecoin Dark because he wanted to build a fun
community similar to what Dogecoin was at the time. But he also wanted to make it "dark", or make it private,
as he had 20 years of experience in online security systems... and security equals privacy.

He rebranded it to Verge as a symbol of what it would become - a torch of digital freedom. Those who held this
Verge would have the authority to create their own financial freedom, without concern for confiscation, control
or taxation from any other authority. XVG is the crypto software that is used on the Verge Blockchain.

When the Verge marketing team started Aug. 2017, I immediately joined the effort. I was very excited to get involved
with the people behind Verge, as I had already been enjoying meeting people in community who were very passionate
about this crypto. Among the many ideas we brainstormed during that time, one idea was to get John McAfee to tweet
about Verge to increase recognition in the crypto market. We knew because of his fame and expertise in cyber security,
we could benefit greatly from his endorsement. So we presented an idea to the Verge community - to use the Verge tipbot
on Twitter to send him some XVG gifts, with the hope that he might use them and tweet about Verge. Verge community
proceeded to send McAfee over 100,000 XVG in small gifts from many people but, unfortunately, he said he could not
accept. So a user called XVG Whale, who had a large part in building the following of Verge on Twitter, went to meet with
McAfee and share more with him about Verge and the new Wraith Protocol that was in development.

Fast forward 3 months and McAfee was invited to be on the "Larry and Joe Show" on YouTube. We were all very excited
about the show because we knew L&J were big Verge supporters and would ask him his thoughts on Verge. Although
some say the resulting spike in price after the L&J interview (and tweets that subsequently followed) were all because of McAfee's endorsement of Verge as "legitimate privacy technology," there is more to the price rise than that. Verge was about 10 days
away from releasing the next stage of WP, and had recently been featured in the Sun as well as 3 Forbes articles: one Italian,
one French, and one English. In addition to an Elliott wave pattern forming right at that time, the entire crypto market cap was growing to over $800B at the same time just before Christmas. These factors all contributed to a huge 30x increase in value. The resulting correction from this new all-time high in value was about -60%.

Verge has now completed a hard fork on Jan. 23rd and has officially fully implemented Wraith Protocol 4.0, making Verge the
premier privacy optional crypto, with anonymous transactions allowed over a public ledger. We now have 5 days for everyone to update the wallets to the latest that will support the new codebase. We are excited to have this transition completed before
Jan. 30th, when Korean exchanges will return to the market. Upbit, a large Korean exchange, trades over 25% of all XVG
on the market. This period of time should be a great growth opportunity for Verge to increase with the entire market as futures trading on Bitcoin matures more.

When RSK.co is active on BTC first, Sunerok will have the opportunity to add it to the Verge blockchain. This will enable all users
to create smart contracts similar to ETH and NEO, but with the unique benefit of creating privacy optional tokens using WP. Now that WP is fully implemented, Verge Core Marketing and our complimentary marketing team, the XVG Ninjas, are poised to take Verge to new heights of greatness through the rest of this year and beyond. We will also be watching intently the development of Tokenpay, as Sunerok is their blockchain auditor and has consulted with them to assist in building a crypto card that stores XVG and other cryptos, and can be used like a Visa debit card to shop on- and offline. They have set a goal of releasing their card in Dec. 2018. Until then,
Verge will continue to innovate as a decentralized, open source, community-supported crypto - no premine, no ICO, no air drop.
Just pure, grass roots, digital value... always on the Verge of greatness.

Follow us on twitter.com/XVGNinja

XVG Ninjas.jpg

Last edited:

no_one

Jan 24, 2018
The time will come for Verge to be appreciate at its real value. Then, this review will be a piece of History. Thanks Luck ! You rock !

Jan 26, 2018
Feel free to delete this message after the author reads. As this helpful, explanatory post is now being promoted online, can you please ask for help from someone in editing it, so that it is more easily read and communicates "well-educated." There are run-on sentences, major grammatical errors than caused me to have to re-read sentences. Not trying to step on toes. Also, is there a reason you cannot use your real name?

Mihael_CM

Team and Community Management
Verge Team
Dec 12, 2017
Rijeka, Croatia
vergecurrency.com
Hello, some of use do not use our real names. Anonymous coin, anonymous person. What makes you think this is not his real name?
We are not perfect but we speak from the heart. Verge is us and we are Verge.
Thank you for your comment mate, we will look into it. Be sure it is going to be edited and error free before it is published in the media.

Jan 24, 2018
He I emailed to email address on the website about adding a vendor. Can you tell me if anyone has reached out to them? They already accept coinbase, but are very excited to add Verge, but need help

capone_44

Jan 25, 2018
Thank you for this write up! Looking forward to 2018 and more of this!

Anton

Jan 23, 2018
Great post, very informative and well written! (y)

Ash27

Dec 20, 2017
Can I ask so now that verge has had the hard fork that nobody wanted when it came to helping recover our lost CoinPouch coins, are we any closer to recovering these coins now that the fork is complete????

gerardt

Jan 24, 2018
Nice informative article. Much appreciated.

ranso73

Jan 23, 2018
I'm confused. The guy in the Q and A video is Sunerok, with 20 years experience in Security, that guy doesn't look over 25. Numbers don't add up

thatguy

Dec 9, 2017
Yes, but when moon tho? :p;):cool:

Good summary tho, lucklight @lucklight ! Can't wait to see the future of XVG! (y)(y)(y)

saphryn

Jan 26, 2018
Feel free to delete this message after the author reads. As this helpful, explanatory post is now being promoted online, can you please ask for help from someone in editing it, so that it is more easily read and communicates "well-educated." There are run-on sentences, major grammatical errors than caused me to have to re-read sentences. Not trying to step on toes. Also, is there a reason you cannot use your real name?
I agree wholeheartedly. Luck Light does more damage than most XVG positives combined.

saphryn

Jan 26, 2018
Hello, some of use do not use our real names. Anonymous coin, anonymous person. What makes you think this is not his real name?
We are not perfect but we speak from the heart. Verge is us and we are Verge.
Thank you for your comment mate, we will look into it. Be sure it is going to be edited and error free before it is published in the media.
“What makes you think this is not his real name?”... fucking really?

Mihael_CM

Team and Community Management
Verge Team
Dec 12, 2017
Rijeka, Croatia
vergecurrency.com
He I emailed to email address on the website about adding a vendor. Can you tell me if anyone has reached out to them? They already accept coinbase, but are very excited to add Verge, but need help
pls send me and e-mail:
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.