QuickBooks Error 6000 301 can appear uncertainly and can show user doesn't have enough permission to access the company file. Below are the steps on how to fix this error fast:
1. While on the QuickBooks Desktop screen, tap the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
2. Scroll down to the location of your company file. Double-click and Copy it.
3. Press the Windows key + R to trigger the Run dialog box.
4. In the search field, paste the company file location and hit OK.
5. You will be taken to a new folder location. Search for the files whose names match with your data file but have different extensions - .TLG, .ND and .DSN.
6. Click right on all the files separately and select Rename.
7.Type .OLD at the end of the file names – company file name.qbw.tlg.OLD, company file name.qbw.nd.OLD and company file name.qbw.dsn.OLD.
8. Close the screen and open QBDT.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but QuickBooks Error 6000 301 cannot open the company file. This error occurs when your data file is situated in a read-only directory or the user does not have appropriate permissions to access the company file. If you're having trouble with error 6000 301 in your company file, you should check out this post, and there's also a QuickBooks proadvisor helpline at 855-856-0042.