Solved Help Please - Error updating XVG wallet

Welcome to the Verge Forums
Join our community and the rest of our members!

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
Hi.. i currently have wallet version 2.1.0 installed on my mac (high sierra) and am having issues updating to the latest version. Each time i click on the .dmg file on GitHub i get this error screen?

IMG_3469.JPG

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
Quick question:
As i'm running the old version (2.1.0) do i need to download and update all previous releases step by step i.e. from Wraith Full release (4.0.1) then Fork for Stealth (4.0.1) and then finally the latest 4.0.2 or can i jump straight to the 4.0.2 update?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Quick Answer:
No, just back-up your wallet.dat file, to a save location.
Install Verge Wallet QT 4.0.2., do a full sync after that.
Go to your Verge folder, and replace the wallet.dat located there, with the one I said to save...
Always make sure you keep this backed-up wallet.dat (dont delete)
as long as you are not fully done with the 4.0.2. install.

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
Thanks Renaldo!

So did the update last night and it worked fine. Odd thing is my wallet.dat is saved on an external drive which wasn't connected to the mac at the time and once the new version of verge Qt installed and opened it immediately showed my verge balance and transactions. Isn't this strange? I mean how that could be possible if i hadn't transferred the wallet.dat file?

Bilby18

May 22, 2018
Hi there, I'm also updating from 2.1.0.0 but on a Windows 10 desktop. I want to install the update on a laptop. Can I just copy and paste the existing dat file or is an import necessary?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Do a fresh install, make it fully in sync 100% or you will get issues.
Only after the "out of sync"message is gone, close software, replace the wallet.dat with the one from the older install.
Restart your wallet, and enjoy to see your coins. :)

Bilby18

May 22, 2018
Do a fresh install, make it fully in sync 100% or you will get issues.
Only after the "out of sync"message is gone, close software, replace the wallet.dat with the one from the older install.
Restart your wallet, and enjoy to see your coins. :)
Thanks for getting back to me. I assume that it's fine to do the fresh install on a different system if I'm replacing the wallet.dat with
the existing one from the previous install?

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for getting back to me. I assume that it's fine to do the fresh install on a different system if I'm replacing the wallet.dat with
the existing one from the previous install?
Yes, its not depend on your hardware, in fact your wallet.dat even works in Linux/Mac install.
So you are save, using it on a different computer, ill promise ya. :)

Bilby18

May 22, 2018
Yes, its not depend on your hardware, in fact your wallet.dat even works in Linux/Mac install.
So you are save, using it on a different computer, ill promise ya. :)
Thanks for your help Renaldo

Bilby18

May 22, 2018
One more question!lol
Can I rename wallet.dat file backups ie- wallet01.dat etc?

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
The blocks have been catching up for many days now lol, Is this normal?

Its increasing downloaded blocks daily so it is working but does this ever catch up and get to 100% eventually?

IMG_3210.JPG

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
The blocks have been catching up for many days now lol, Is this normal?

Its increasing downloaded blocks daily so it is working but does this ever catch up and get to 100% eventually?

View attachment 130
Only about 12/24/36/.. hours more to go :D

YES, this is normal, normally people bypass this by installing the chain manually. (total time needed for this, about 45 minutes)

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
Only about 12/24/36/.. hours more to go :D

YES, this is normal, normally people bypass this by installing the chain manually. (total time needed for this, about 45 minutes)

haha.. its been going on for about a week now so 12/24/36 hours is being very optimistic :D Is installing the chain manually a simple process and is there a guide to do this i can follow somewhere?

thanks

Renaldo

Feb 4, 2018
haha.. its been going on for about a week now so 12/24/36 hours is being very optimistic :D Is installing the chain manually a simple process and is there a guide to do this i can follow somewhere?

thanks
haha sorry man.
Ehhh what for one is simple, is for another person hard to achieve.
Not sure how computer savy you are, but here ya go...
1. download latest blockchain here : https://verge-blockchain.com/
2. Install the latest blockchain : https://verge-blockchain.com/howto
3. Do you have coins yet in your wallet, or you expect to see a zero balance wallet ? (as additional steps are needed then)

HarjSingh

May 15, 2018
haha sorry man.
Ehhh what for one is simple, is for another person hard to achieve.
Not sure how computer savy you are, but here ya go...
1. download latest blockchain here : https://verge-blockchain.com/
2. Install the latest blockchain : https://verge-blockchain.com/howto
3. Do you have coins yet in your wallet, or you expect to see a zero balance wallet ? (as additional steps are needed then)

haha no worries and thanks for the links. Yes i have coins in the wallet..